This is the flagship course offered at KNN and runs for four years. The course is most sought after in terms of the number of career opportunities that will be opened up to the student. Graduates may prefer to opt for placement through KNN or prefer to pursue their academic or research interests. The course combines the theory and practice of nursing in order to prepare nurses who will give their best to their choice of workplace, be it, hospitals, clinics, community, academics, research. There is a sanctioned capacity of 60 for this course at KNN.
- Passed the two year Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, with science subjects, Viz, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English.
- Obtained at least forty-five percent of the total marks in science subjects and English of the qualifying examination. If belonging to a scheduled or a scheduled tribe, should have obtained not less than forty percent of the total marks in science subjects and English of the qualifying examination.
- Students of Vocational Courses: 10+2 vocational course of State Government of Kerala with 5 subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to +2 Examination/Karnataka Pre-University course form the academic year 2005-06 and onwards.
Marks obtained by the candidate in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology to be considered for assessing the eligibility as per the ordinances governing Basic B.Sc Nursing course of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences vide Notification No: RGUHS/SEF/EC.B.Sc Nsg/191/2005-06 dated 18.05.2006.
- Nursing Foundation
- Introduction to Computers
- PRACTICAL – Nursing Foundation
- Pathology & Genetics
- Medical Surgical Nursing I
- Community Health Nursing I
- Communication & Educational Technology
- PRACTICAL – Medical Surgical Nursing
- Midwifery including maternity & Gynaecological Nursing I
- Medical Surgical Nursing II
- Child Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- PRACTICAL – Medical Surgical nursing
- PRACTICAL – Midwifery including Maternity & Gynaecological Nursing I
- PRACTICAL – Child Health Nursing
- Midwifery including Maternity & Gynaecology Nursing II
- Community Health Nursing – II
- PRACTICAL – Midwifery including Maternity & Gynaecological Nursing II
- PRACTICAL – Community Health Nursing – II